Ways to Help Out
A rich array of activities and interactions with the local community can be provided for those wishing to be more of service to the community. Here are some suggestions of activities visitors have enjoyed sharing with our school and finca community:
At Finca Esperanza Verde:
- Teach arts and crafts at the farm’s elementary school “La Chispa”
- Plant trees under the direction of FEV staff
- Help FEV staff manage the worm composters
- Join the garden crew in the organic vegetable garden or coffee nursery
- Repair foot bridges and fences around the property
- Teach a cooking class
- Teach English to the staff
Optimizing your experience:
- Bring all equipment and supplies you will need and, when possible, donate them to the school or group you have worked with.
- Prepare written instructions in Spanish describing how the game or activity is carried out. If you do not speak Spanish, we will try to provide a translator.